VIET SOLUTIONS is searching for innovative technology products or solutions that can integrate into social industries in the National Digital Transformation program.
With the philosophy of plus sign "+", Viet Solutions aims to be a leverage to resonate into a full (+) sign, expressing the meaning of community joining hands to find solutions to help solve problems occurring in Vietnam, creating a digital society for a better future.
With the philosophy of plus sign "+", Viet Solutions aims to be a fulcrum and leverage to resonate into a full (+) sign, expressing the meaning of community joining hands to find solutions to help solve problems of Vietnam, creating a digital society for a better future.
Start with one click! Attendees can be individuals, teams, groups, organizations, or companies. All individual/team members must agree with the regulations of Viet Solutions. Please click here for detail.
Viet Solutions 2020 - The National Digital Transformation Solution Contest is co-organized by the Ministry of Information & Communications and Viettel Group. The objective of the competition is to find innovative, capable technological ideas and projects that can be used in fields and social industries in the National Digital Transformation program.
Ministry of Information & Communications and Viettel in this regulation is understood as the organizing committee (TOC).
III. Organizing Committee
1) Cash Prizes
+ Winner (1 prize): 200.000.000 VND
+ Runner-up (1 prize): 100.000.000 VND
+ 3rd place (1 prize: 50.000.000 VND
+ Become a partner of Viettel, a chance to provide services to nearly 100 million customers around the globe and enjoy a profit-sharing up to 75%.
+ Top 10 finalists are trained in the skills improvement course by international and Vietnamese experts.
+ Participate in the final round of C1 start -up competition in USA with a total prize value of $ 50,000 USD or join the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2021 in Barcelona. All expenses incurred shall be paid by Viettel *
(* Depends on Covid-19 situation to receive this prize).
3) The value of each cash
The value of each cash after subtracting all taxes and fees by law will be transferred in the form of a check or bank transfer to the winning team within 180 days after the end of the Final round. Each contest team is obliged to provide all information required by Viettel, serving the transfer and payment of prizes according to the law.
1) Preliminary round
- Viet Solutions 2020 preliminary round starts receiving applications at 08:00 on July 2nd, 2020, and closed at 23:59 on Sep 25, 2020. Late applications are not accepted and Viettel only accepts applications that satisfy all of the above conditions from (II).
Preliminary round results will be published on Oct 10, 2020
2) Final round
- Post-preliminary roadmap
+ Maximum 10 teams will be selected for the final round. The finalists will receive an invitation from the organizer to make visa in order to join Viettel final round and the VietChallenge final round.
+ Each team is funded up to 2 members to participate in the final competition.
- Training week: The training course is scheduled for 3 days in Oct, 2020. The 10 finalists will be trained by Vietnamese and International experts from leading economic universities such as Harvard, International Angel Investment Fund and famous CEOs. The content of training includes 3 skills:
+ Presentation skills (02 sessions)
+ Financial management skills, investment calling (02 sessions)
+ Product design (02 sessions)
- Final Round
Time estimate: Oct 23, 2020
Each team that reaches the finals has 15 minutes to present their business ideas to the judges and the audience, in which:
+) 5 minutes to present ideas and introduce products, and
+) 10 minutes for questions and answers.
Each team must submit presentation materials for the final round no later than Oct 16, 2020. Documents submitted late will not be accepted unless decided by the organizer.
- Attendees are individuals, teams, groups, organizations, or companies. All individual / team members must be 18 years old and at least one member can present ideas in the English language. Other cases must be approved by TOC.
- There is no limit to the number of products/ solutions of each attendees.
- The competition accepts products/ solutions in 09 fields, including:
+ Products / solutions for mobile applications: game content, music, video, news, multimedia and utilities, OTT products, social networks;
+ Technology solutions / applications in the Medical field;
+ Technology solutions / applications in the Education field;
+ Technology solutions / applications in the Finance - Banking field;
+ Technology solutions / applications in the Agriculture field;
+ Technology solutions / applications in the Transport and Logistics field;
+ Technology solutions / applications in the Energy field;
+ Technology solutions / applications in the Natural Resources and Environment field;
+ Technology solutions / applications in the Industrial Production field.
These following criteria are not allowed to attend:
- It’s just an idea, not yet formed into a complete product / solution
- Solutions / products have been cooperating with Viettel in all markets.
- The competition team won the VIET SOLUTIONS in all seasons.
- Products / solutions that are registered or owned by an enterprise must register to participate in the Startup Business Group.
- The idea / product won the VietChallenge in all seasons not allowed to C1 Cup.
- Any violations found, TOC has all right to cancel the application any time.
(a) A project proposal in the form of a presentation slide. The project will focus on the following questions:
+ Targeted market and market scale.
+ The problem exists in this market. Team’s solutions.
+ Business model of the team. How to operate the model.
+ Explain the superiority of this solution compared to the solutions being applied.
+ Has the team had a sample product, tried it out, or has customers yet?
+ List the names and roles of all co-founders in the team, briefly describe the experience and learning process of each co-founder.
2) A 1-3 minute video presents the team's business idea.
2) Optional material:
- A participating team may submit additional documents and materials for the application.
1. Having an agreement with the team, Viettel has the right to publicize / distribute documents in the registration documents of the teams for the purpose of advertising for the competition, or introduce the team with investors of Viettel and the public, or for training. If the team does not want Viettel to publicly/ or distribute the materials registered for the competition in any form, the team must send a request to the mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org. Viettel reserves the right to approve or reject this request.
2. At any round, if a team retires or is disqualified, TOC will replace that team with another team from the list of competitors.
3. Cooperation mechanism
- For teams who reach the final round with a complete product / solution: Viettel has first access to the product through an exclusive cooperation contract for 3 years and / or use the image / name of ideas for communication. The teams commit that they will prioritize negotiating with Viettel first, after 02 months from the negotiation if the two parties cannot reach any agreement (principle contract, official contract ...), the team will look for the next partner.
- Cooperation framework contract will be sent before the final day. By confirming to join Viettel finals, the teams agree with the cooperation mechanism of Viettel.
4. Ethical standards: Viettel is allowed to disqualify participants of ethical violations, including fraud and cheat, or any acts that harm Viettel or other related parties.
5. Originality: All products and materials must be original of that individual / team.
6. Intellectual Property: Viettel is not responsible for any domestic or international ownership of the participating members.
- Members are responsible for their own assets
- Members must ensure their private information
7. Violation: All members must comply with the law. Any violation leads to the disqualification of the right to participate in the competition and of the award given to the team.
8. Update: Viettel can update the regulation during the competition. All updated information will be posted on Viettel's website at http://vietsolutions.net. The above regulation include all materials posted on Viettel's website; in the event of a dispute, the rules and regulation of the competition are used instead of any other material.
9. Conflict of interest: volunteers, judges, mentors, and members of organizers for Viet Solutions 2020 and individuals who are directly related to TOC’s members are not allowed to participate in the contest. These individuals include wife/husband, parents, children, and siblings. Head of TOC has the responsibility to check this information.
The above regulations are governed by Vietnamese law. Any dispute between Viettel and participants will be reconciled by both parties. Each party has the right to sue in Vietnamese courts only when the two parties do not come to the agreement within 180 days from the date of the dispute.