VIET SOLUTIONS is searching for innovative technology products or solutions or ideas that can integrate into social industries in the National Digital Transformation program.
With the philosophy of plus sign "+", Viet Solutions aims to be a leverage to resonate into a full (+) sign, expressing the meaning of community joining hands to find solutions to help solve problems occurring in Vietnam, creating a digital society for a better future.
With the philosophy of plus sign "+", Viet Solutions aims to be a fulcrum and leverage to resonate into a full (+) sign, expressing the meaning of community joining hands to find solutions to help solve problems of Vietnam, creating a digital society for a better future.
Start with one click! Attendees can be individuals, teams, groups, organizations, or companies. All individual/team members must agree with the regulations of Viet Solutions. Please click here for detail.
. + All individuals, teams, groups, organizations, and companies that participate in VietSolutions must follow the contest's regulations
+ Detailed information of the contest will be announced on http://vietsolutions.net.vn/
Viet Solutions 2021 - The National Digital Transformation Solution Contest is co-organized by the Ministry of Information & Communications and Viettel Group with the purpose to find innovative, capable technological ideas and projects that can be used in fields and social industries in the National Digital Transformation program.
III. Organizing Committee
. + Ministry of Information & Communication
+ Viettel Group
1) Cash Prizes
+ Winner (1 prize): 300.000.000 VND ~ 12,000 USD
+ Runner-up (2 prize): 200,000,00 VND each ~ 8,500 USD
+ 3rd place (2 prizes): 150,000,000 VND each ~ 6,400 USD
2) Privilege Prizes:
+ Become a partner of Viettel, a chance to provide services to nearly 100 million customers around the globe and enjoy a profit-sharing up to 75%.
+ 10 finalists are trained in a start-up course focusing on the essential skills from international and Vietnamese experts.
3) The value of each cash
The value of each cash after subtracting all taxes and fees by law will be transferred in the form of a check or bank transfer to the winning team within 180 days after the end of the Final round. Each contest team is obliged to provide all information required by Viettel, serving the transfer and payment of prizes according to the law.
The organizers will present topics/lists of specific requirements for finding solutions/products/ideas/applications in the fields of the competition. Contestants will choose for their teams the content to participate in the competition based on these requirements. This will be a basis for award consideration.
The contest includes 3 rounds: Preliminary (Innovative), Qualifying (Caring), and Final (Passionate).
1) Preliminary round - Innovative
2) Qualifying round - Caring
- Camping Days: From 14/10 - 15/10/2021, the selected 10 teams from the Elevator Pitch Round will participate in 2 days of training at Viettel Academy
- Demo Day: 10 teams will present to the Judges about their projects on 16/10/2021. On Demo day, 5 teams will be selected with the highest score from the panel to present on the Final’s round
3. Final Round (Passionate)
- All 30 teams participating in the Caring round will be featured in the final round, in which 5 teams will present the project to the judges and audience. The finale consists of 2 parts:
Part 1: Each team has 17 minutes to present their business idea, of which: 7 minutes for presenting ideas and introducing products and 10 minutes for Q&A to the Judges.
Part 2: After the presentation and Q&A session with the Judges, 3 teams with the highest score are selected to enter the Confrontation round: The teams will give questions to and answer questions from the remaining teams. Each team has 5 minutes to both ask and answer.
- Do a live stream on TV360 and hold a minigame for the audience to predict which team will win.
- The team who wins the first prize is the team with the highest total score after 2 final rounds.
- In the final round, in addition to selecting 5 teams First, Second, and Third, selected projects will be announced to cooperate with Viettel.
- Travel, meals, and accommodation will be sponsored by the Organizing Committee for up to 2 members to participate in the final round for teams entering the final round who are in a province/city different from the final venue or in another country.
- Side activities: Viet Solution Fair and Seminar chain.
Note: Timelines may be changed depending on the actual implementation process.
+ Maximum 10 teams will be selected for the final round and participate in the start-ups skills improvement course at Camping Days at Viettel Hoa Lac Academy.
+ The 10 finalists will be trained by Vietnamese and International experts from leading economic universities such as Harvard, International Angel Investment Fund and famous CEOs. The training includes 3 skills:
+ Presentation skills (02 sessions)
+ Financial management skills, investment calling (02 sessions)
+ Product design (02 sessions)
2. There is no limit to the number of products/ solutions of each attendees.
3. The competition accepts products/ solutions in 10 fields, including:
- Technology solutions / applications in the Medical field;
- Technology solutions / applications in the Education field;
- Technology solutions / applications in the Finance - Banking field;
- Technology solutions / applications in the Agriculture field;
- Technology solutions / applications in the Transport and Logistics field;
- Technology solutions / applications in the Energy field;
- Technology solutions / applications in the Natural Resources and Environment field;
- Technology solutions / applications in the Industrial Production field.
- Technology solutions / applications in Enterprise Management;
- Technology solutions / applications for entertaiment or Utilities: game, music, video, news, multimedia and utilities, social networks.
- Ideas / products / solutions that have been cooperating/cooperated with Viettel in all markets; The product / solution has reached the final round of Viettel Advance Solutions Track 2019, Viet Solutions 2020; will not be able to participate in Viet Solutions 2021.
- Ideas / products / solutions registered or owned by a business must be registered in the Startup Group. Any mistakes when detected, the Organizing Committee is allowed to cancel the candidate's right to compete.
(a) A project proposal in the form of a presentation slide. The project will focus on the following questions:
+ Targeted market and market scale.
+ The problem exists in this market. Team’s solutions.
+ Business model of the team. How to operate the model.
+ Explain the superiority of this solution compared to the solutions being applied.
+ Has the team had a sample product, tried it out, or has customers yet?
+ List the names and roles of all co-founders in the team, briefly describe the experience and learning process of each co-founder.
(b) A 1-3 minute video presents the team's business idea.
2) Optional material:
- Participating teams may submit additional documents and materials for the application.
1. Having an agreement with the team, Viettel has the right to publicize / distribute documents in the registration documents of the teams for the purpose of advertising for the competition, or introduce the team with investors of Viettel and the public, or for training. If the team does not want Viettel to publicly/ or distribute the materials registered for the competition in any form, the team must send a request to the mailbox [email protected]. Viettel reserves the right to approve or reject this request.
2. At any round, if a team retires or is disqualified, TOC will replace that team with another team from the list of competitors.
3. Cooperation mechanism
- For teams who reach the final round with a complete product / solution: Viettel has first access to the product through an exclusive cooperation contract for 3 years and / or use the image / name of ideas for communication. The teams commit that they will prioritize negotiating with Viettel first, after 02 months from the negotiation if the two parties cannot reach any agreement (principle contract, official contract ...), the team will look for the next partner.
- Cooperation framework contract will be sent before the final day. By confirming to join Viettel finals, the teams agree with the cooperation mechanism of Viettel.
4. Ethical standards: Viettel is allowed to disqualify participants of ethical violations, including fraud and cheat, or any acts that harm Viettel or other related parties.
5. Originality: All products and materials must be original of that individual / team.
6. Intellectual Property: Viettel is not responsible for any domestic or international ownership of the participating members.
- Members are responsible for their own assets
- Members must ensure their private information
7. Violation: All members must comply with the law. Any violation leads to the disqualification of the right to participate in the competition and of the award given to the team.
8. Update: Viettel can update the regulation during the competition. All updated information will be posted on Viettel's website at http://vietsolutions.net. The above regulation include all materials posted on Viettel's website; in the event of a dispute, the rules and regulation of the competition are used instead of any other material.
9. Conflict of interest: volunteers, judges, mentors, and members of organizers for Viet Solutions 2020 and individuals who are directly related to TOC’s members are not allowed to participate in the contest. These individuals include wife/husband, parents, children, and siblings. Head of TOC has the responsibility to check this information.
The above regulations are governed by Vietnamese law. Any dispute between Viettel and participants will be reconciled by both parties. Each party has the right to sue in Vietnamese courts only when the two parties do not come to the agreement within 180 days from the date of the dispute.
Questions and challenges guiding contestants
Vietnam’s 11 goals calling out ideas and solutions